Job Summary: The Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. Duties/Responsibilities:
• Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
• Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
• Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
• Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills to lead a small Payroll department.
• Proficient with Kronos.
• Experience with Kronos time keeping also a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
• Three to five years of related experience managing a payroll function is required.
• Experience with multi-unit payroll set up is highly desirable.